Sunday, May 2, 2010

I Wish I Were A Child Forever


I Wish I Were A Child Forever...

A flash of memories in my eyes unfold,
The merry laugh, that gleeful dance,
Those sparkling warm eyes, my heart beholds.
Little days of play, were pure pleasure.
Simple, sweet and honest;
Those childhood times are the ones I treasure.

As the days swept by, the times changed,
Little moments of celebration;
Once everyday, became planned and arranged.
The choice of friends, the questions I asked,
Once fuelled by the heart;
 today weighed by thoughts, hidden and masked.

I remember not last when I liked myself;
I remember not last when I wished nothing to change;
No desire to win, Not running a race;
No expectations, No demons to face.

I wish those days were mine forever,
I wish I never found myself;
If identities found meant hearts lost;
I wish I were a child forever.
I wish I were a child forever.

No comments: